What is VHV?
If you are an individual or an organization wishing to establish similar, supportive networks in your community, VHV is an active partner with California based organization like The American Legion, Toast our Vets and other Veteran assistance groups. VHV provides advice, peer support programs and veteran’s enrichment opportunities We can show you how. If you are a family member of a veteran, VHV is a source of information, education and support. Your questions are welcome! If you are a mental health service provider, VHV is a resource for your patients with symptoms of PTSD, unlike any you have used. Let them know about us. VHV has developed into a formal, yet informal, leader in provision of both enrichment and peer support services to veterans and those who care about veterans.
What does Vets Helping Vets do? In its role as a veterans’ network devoted to creating opportunities for veterans to identify and build on their strengths to help other veterans, VHV sponsors:
- Peer support groups and peer support for significant others.
- Guidance, mentoring and teaching for veterans with PTSD.
- Life enrichment, such as cooking classes, staying well classes, computer classes, etc.
- Educating the community on the affects of PTSD.
- Visit reserve center educating military personnel on the affects and symptoms of PTSD.
- Facilitate supportive activities for veterans suffering from the affects of PTSD.